We often get asked about ways to boost growth hormone and what “antiaging” treatments we offer.
We have seen evidence that the answer is Sermorelin Peptide Therapy. For some, this may be a foreign term. Since there is value in understanding what Peptides are and the benefits of Sermorelin, we’ve taken the time to break it down for you.
Let’s start with the basics of what peptides are and then dive into the Top 10 questions that I often get pertaining to peptides and Sermorelin.
Peptides are made from amino acids and have many functions in the body. Peptides are chains of amino acids that improve cell signaling in the body. Most act like neurotransmitters, while some act like hormones. Many control and influence how our bodies react to diet and physical exercise.
As we age, human growth hormone production declines. After age 30, levels drop by over 1% each year. As a result, our bodies begin to show signs of aging, and cease to perform at an optimal level.
Because peptides have the ability to boost your body’s own natural growth hormone production, they are rapidly replacing traditional Human Growth Hormone therapy.
What can peptides do for me?
Peptides have dozens of uses but the most common uses are helping to build muscle and reduce fat, improve energy, improve sexual function and to reduce GI and musculoskeletal inflammation. The most commonly prescribed peptide combinations function to naturally boost growth hormone for better recovery.
A more comprehensive list of peptide benefits would include:
– Increases development of lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
– Improvements in workout and recovery
– Reduced body fat through lipolysis (fat breakdown)
– Increased energy, strength, and stamina
– Increase muscle mass, definition, and endurance
– Accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
– Strengthening of the immune system
– Improved regulation of other hormones
– Improved libido
– Increased body’s ability to tan naturally
– Increased natural Human Growth Hormone production
How are the peptides given?
Most peptides are injected on a daily basis but there are a few that are taken orally. However, Dr. Gentry does not believe the oral peptides work as well as the injected forms.
What are some of the most commonly used peptides?
These peptides all function in a similar manner to boost growth hormone production in your body.
For our purposes here, we will mostly discuss Sermorelin as it is the most commonly used and studied. Human Growth Hormone (HGH) peaks at about age 20 and steadily declines as we age. Some people even use HGH as a powerful anti-aging tool. Unfortunately, HGH is extremely expensive and has significant risks with long-term use.
As an alternative, Dr. Gentry and the Rejuvenated Medical Spa Team prefers peptide therapy with Growth Hormone Releasing Factors such as Sermorelin. When used alone or in conjunction with other peptides, Sermorelin can boost your own HGH levels helping to slow the process of aging so that you can live your best life. Sermorelin is not only much less expensive than HGH but it is much safer as well. Sermorelin and similar peptides stimulate the production and release of HGH from your pituitary gland.
What can Sermorelin do for you?
- Weight: Sermorelin can help to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight. When combined with exercise, Sermorelin can improve lean miuscle mass and help your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Sleep: Sermorelin can help restore a normal sleep cycle. Abnormal sleep can completely disrupt your life with poor mental function, fatigue, mood changes and abnormal weight gain.
- Athletic Recovery or Injury: Sermorelin has been shown to speed up and improve recovery from athletic performance or injury so that you can get back out there faster.
- Improved Stamina: increased exercise tolerance and less requirement for rest
- Surgical or injury healing: Sermorelin has even been shown to improve healing after surgery, especially with surgeries involving bone, ligament, tendon and muscle.
- Anti-Aging: Sermorelin can make skin appear firmer or tighter and improve muscle fullness for a more youthful appearance and lifestyle
How is Sermorelin Used?
Sermorelin is administered by an injection under the skin with a tiny insulin needle once daily prior to bedtime. This helps to mimic the night time release of HGH that happens in young people.
How Will You Know It’s Working? How long does it take to work?
Typically, within a few weeks, you should see improved sleep and energy. Full effects such as decreased fat and improved muscle mass can take 3-6 months.
Do You Need To Take It Forever & Is It Safe?
Initially, it needs to be injected every day, but can often be reduced as directed by your physician.
Unlike illegal human growth hormone, Sermorelin is manufactured in the U.S., in FDA approved pharmacies. Be certain that your doctor thinks you are a good candidate for Sermorelin treatment and that it is manufactured in the U.S. at an FDA approved pharmacy.
How Do Sermorelin Injections Encourage and Facilitate Weight Loss?
Sermorelin is highly effective at helping patients lose weight. Sermorelin is so effective at inducing weight loss because Human Growth Hormone stimulates the production of Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1). Higher levels of IGF-1 lead to higher levels of metabolism, which make it easier to lose weight more quickly when one controls calories. Higher levels of metabolism also provide the body with more energy and endurance for aerobic exercise.
Sermorelin Therapy vs. Human Growth Hormone Therapy
So if all of these medical issues are the result of Human Growth Hormone, why take Sermorelin instead of HGH? One advantage of Sermorelin is that, unlike HGH, it does not suppress your own HGH production. Sermorelin also greatly reduces the risk of overdose and side effects. HGH therapy gives long-lasting higher levels, which is how your own HGH production is suppressed and can lead to significant risks such as diabetes. Sermorelin does not have the same effect on blood sugar levels as HGH, eliminating the risk of high blood sugar and diabetes. Human Growth Hormone Overdose and Abuse has also been associated with the risk of joint and other bone problems and the development or advancement of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Sermorelin therapy significantly reduces the risk of joint disorders because the therapy does not lead to excess levels of HGH.
Who Should not take Sermorelin?
If you have a prescription or are currently taking corticosteroids such as Prednisone or thyroid medication, please let your doctor know.
Those who have cancer should avoid using any medication or hormone therapy that encourages the production of Human Growth Hormone, as Human Growth Hormone can stimulate the production of cancer cells.
Women that are pregnant should not take Sermorelin or any Human Growth Hormone Therapy.